Tuesday, June 4, 2002

Jump!

I've always been transparent. Heart on my sleeve. My disbelief below my bottom lid.

People see me, so I should not find myself bewildered that the company vice president sees that I am stifled.

"Is it obvious?"

She nods, staring deep without even a blink.

She's always liked me and says I can work here the rest of my life. It's just that I know she sees the whole of me, and that there is a Ruth inside waiting to come through.

Does anyone know what it's like to just jump? To leave something perfectly good and perfectly comfortable for something unknown? Who would gamble this way?

Ryan helped me set this journal up and probably got the tagline from a poem that recently got published on proseax.com. Little did he realize the internal struggle that I'm going through.

How many people get to be who they really are?

This summer, I take a big risk, and I'll be in Boston for two whole months. I can't imagine what'll happen there. There are so many questions, and I'm not going to venture to picture what could become of my life and my direction.

Too many people have told me that I need to jump.

But I'm too scared to jump.

Posted by ruth at 07:41 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment