Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Goodbye, 2003

The Review

This was an even better year than last. I launched three of my own Web sites, performed original songs at two separate house concerts, discovered that I indeed have a songwriting partner in my Sweetie, visited Chicago and New York again, got a raise and tons more. To top it off, I went to a glorious performance of Beethoven's Ninth at the Blaisdell last night and plan to sneak in a glass of champagne sometime before the stroke of midnight tonight. I had much to be thankful for this year and feel that I got more than my fair share of blessings. I don't take a thing for granted.

The Prayer

Dear God, I still fear you. I know you see and understand. Help me to love others. I almost forgot what it was like to hear the words, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Haven't done that just yet, but I'm working on it. I'm still in the process of realizing how pissed I am at people from my past, but will get to it as soon as that phase is over.

The Hope

What do I have to look forward next year? I won't predict a thing. It's never as you expect. Just bracing for another ride.

Posted by ruth at December 31, 2003 12:34 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment