Thursday, April 10, 2003

Over the Ridge

The wind softly robes us
As we climb a beautiful hill
Thousands of miles into the sky
Our feet surrounded by
Flowers whose names I couldn't know.

We reach the ridge.
Breathless
An instant brings
Another world to us

No clouds roam the sky
Blue of the mountain so deep
Envelopes my mind
Reaches so high
That I become nothing
Valley buries a carpet so low
Only an eternity would get us there.
Trees cover the mountainside
With green so moving
I become lost
Powerful water gushes
Through rock
In glowing white
With a voice so frightful and gentle
It could only be God

Written 10/2001

Posted by ruth at April 10, 2003 10:50 AM



Comments
I love this poem.
While reading, I had visions of the Stairway to Heaven and the trails deep within the Koolau Valley.
Posted by: kane on April 11, 2003 06:37 PM
Kane! Hi!
Thanks for your insight. I heard about the Stairway to Heaven, and now I'm eager to hike there.
Take care,
Ruth
Posted by: Kane! on April 15, 2003 07:42 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment