Monday, July 22, 2002

I'm In!

It's a done deal. I'm in this summer's songwriting workshop at Berklee!

After weeks of waiting around to see if they were accepting my application, I finally got a call from a staff member there who said, "You're in."

It's not like they're really picky about who takes these summer workshops or anything (you just have to be over 15 and have had one year of formal training on your principal instrument), but still, I'm thrilled to be a part of this program. Look forward to it big time.

I've already written a few songs already this summer and see how they fare among all the other aspiring (be it young) songwriters out there.

Posted by ruth at July 22, 2002 11:26 AM

Comments
Yowza! Congratulations, Ruth! If they're good enough for .EDU, that's impressive enough for me! When does it start? How immersive is the program — do you get to both learn and live with fellow budding artists?
Posted by: Ryan on July 30, 2002 03:38 PM
Hey,
I'd say the program is pretty preliminary and basic. I will hang out with a bunch of young uns but not dorm. The program starts Aug. 14.
Laters,
Ruth
Posted by: ruth on August 6, 2002 10:35 PM
Hey, I'm a singer songwriter from Atlanta and I found this site when i was looking for Rockwell Church lyrics. I actually applied to Berklee for next fall and I find out tuesday. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations, and if I could ask you some questions about the business, that would be cool. My IM is First Circle 777 if it's okay. Thanks, and good luck!
~Brian R.
Posted by: Brian on January 29, 2006 03:36 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment