Wednesday, September 4, 2002

Sound of Timelessness

My eyelids fall
Fluorescent lights expose dormant workstations
The air conditioner makes music with my keyboard
A lonely duet

When you're alone, you suddenly know the sound of timelessness. That sound has a way of wiping clean any emotion. You feel neither apprehension nor anticipation. You simply exist, and you imagine your lungs expanding and collapsing. And the air through your nostrils become like waves on the sand, entering, retreating.

There is too much to think about now. And I don't know what to make of it. So, I'll make nothing of it. And just breathe.

Posted by ruth at September 04, 2002 08:14 PM

Comments
I love this entry; so very poetic with such a calming effect. "The sound of timelessness"...I adore this line.
Posted by: kane on September 7, 2002 08:08 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment