Tuesday, September 3, 2002

To Cause a Friend's Tears

I called her on Saturday afternoon. And by the time the conversation started to wind down, she was in tears.

I felt her pain travel the phone line from Dallas to here, but I couldn't do a thing about it. I disappointed her immensely, and the first love I once knew, which she loved with an overwhelming heartfelt passion, was drained from me. I finally had to tell her that her passions weren't mine anymore.

Her life is dedicated to saving the lost. Her husband is studying at a seminary. And I, I departed from wanting the same. I could've glossed over many things, but chose to be open about where I am.

God, it sure is lonely to be here sometimes. But I can't be anywhere else right now.

Walking Discoveries

Again, I took the challenge of walking to work, this time from Puck's Alley to Ala Moana. Lots of new observations:

  • The elegantly titled "Makiki Ditch" appears etched in concrete on the bridge column
  • Waving American flag waves brighter after someone took the fine time to cut between each stripe
  • Flatter shoes makes a woman feel like she can kick yer butt


Posted by ruth at September 03, 2002 03:44 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment