Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Hate

By the way, I love my parents. I love them with everything I have. I've done preliminary Google searches for children who grew up in fundamentalist homes and have read only angry and vicious diatribes about the "evil" of religion.

While I'm saddened by what dogma has done to society, I can't say I share the same hate toward fundamentalists or the ideas they hold. Basically, the core of my parents' concern for me is their love. They think they know what's best for me, and I think I know what's best for myself. That's all.
In the meantime, I'm caught in the middle and feel hurt over their extreme disappointment in who I've become. I don't know how many people can appreciate what I'm going through, even at age 30.
I wish there was a forum discussing these issues yet treated people and ideas more kindly than what I've come across so far.


Posted by ruth at January 07, 2004 05:42 PM

Comments
Aloha, fellow soul on earth. You are an exceptional writer with great, great insight. Rarely do I encounter a fellow being with such insight. I usually do not communicate my feelings for fear that others will not understand. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your sage insights on people, politics and life.
Posted by: Roland on January 28, 2004 11:01 AM
Roland!
Thanks for visiting, and thanks for your kind words.
I like fearlessness.
Keep sharing with others,
Ruth
Posted by: ruth on January 28, 2004 01:08 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment