Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Sexy Christian Women

Once in awhile, I listen to Christian and politically conservative talk shows to hear about issues that are top-of-mind for a large part of our population.

I was irritated by a woman who called into the Dennis Prager talk radio show this morning.

She's 34, and explained that until about age 31, she had not been aware that guys were so powerfully moved by a woman's looks. The discussion centered on a recent study showing that men make less-rational decisions when they encounter an attractive woman.

Prager said that "secular women" know less about men than their Christian counterparts because Christian women appreciate the natural temptations of a man. And in understanding this male tendency, Christian women tend to dress more conservatively.

The woman on the show went on to say her secular friends are naive about a man's reaction to a woman's appearance thus "they dress like whores."

That wasn't a godly thing to say.

I was reminded about the cruel environment a woman can be placed in if she is a Christian yet chooses to dress more provocatively.

This really took me back to my college days, when I did indeed adhere to more conservative perspectives and judged other women for their sexual behavior while at the same time being constantly looked down upon by missionaries who thought I dressed like a "slut."

A few years have changed me. Another person's sexuality and their presentation of sexuality should not be what stirs anger toward other human beings. If a woman is sexy, let her be sexy. Calling her a "whore" is more than just a cut to a sexy woman, but a put-down to what sex is. It fails to recognize the beauty of sex and places it in this "filth" category. Sex and sexiness and the desire for sex by anyone is not "filth."

The self-righteousness of some Christian women is overbearing, and the ugliness I felt on the radio was not godly at all. I shudder to think that these people think they're speaking on behalf of God. No way.

I shudder to think that I used to be that way.

Posted by ruth at January 07, 2004 02:33 PM


Comments
wow... a more true understanding of sexuality and godliness by far than one normally hears from a Christian maybe I'm not alone in believing that they CAN co-exhist... who are you?
michael C Jones
Posted by: michael on February 22, 2004 11:21 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with what Ruth wrote. I am a fairly new Christian who has worked overseas for a humanitarian organization in some of the most difficult places in the world. I pride myself on my professionalism and yes, I happen to be quite attractive. Simply because I chose not to dress like a frump in potato sack dresses but rather chose to be fashionable, I often sensed disapproval from some colleagues who were missionaries--typically women. What is interesting is that none of these women ever bothered to find out about my background or accomplishments; they simply made erroneous assumptions about me based on how I look. We are all created by God and I don't see anything wrong with celebrating or maximizing our beauty. While it's true that this should be done with some moderation, there were times that I sensed that some Christian women were of the viewpoint that somehow if they didn't wear makeup and wore unattractive clothing, this made them more spiritual. No different I suppose than the Pharisees who emphasized the washing of their hands before eating and believing they were holier.
There are people who are strong Christians and believers who also happen to be sexy and attractive--deal with it. Next time you are ready to judge someone unfairly simply because they dress differently, try to find out who the person is deep inside rather than assuming because they look a certain way, they must be vaccuous, superficial and not close to God.
Posted by: Madeleine on September 29, 2004 04:58 PM
I agree that sex and sexiness is not 'filthy' or a sinful subject. Sex is a beautiful creation by God and a masterpiece of creation. Its just sin's distortion that makes sex a sinful subject. Showing a part of the body, private or not private is not sin because human body is also a beautiful creation by God.
Shame comes from the devil, it brings pain, hurt and sadness.So let's not feel shame to show our beauitiful body. Since God has created this beautiul body what's wrong in showing it, nothing, it just shows the beauty of God's creation. When a person looks at the body of a person wearing a sexy clothing, he should praise God and admire the beautiful creation of God- "For everything which God created is good and nothing to be rejected when it is gratefully received, for it consecrated through the word of God and prayer" ( 1 Timothy 4:4 ). I would prefer all the people around the world to stop seeing the human body, including private parts as indecent. Claiming the human body as indecent is Satan's idea.
I am 15-year old boy who believes in Jesus Christ as the Christ,the Son of God and my personal Savior. I am confined to a wheelchair and would like to have friends around the world with anybody. Just e-mail me , I will be sure to reply. My e-mail is joshuadavid777@hotmail.com . The LORD be with each one of you and your loved ones.
Remember every human being has a beautiful body and face. For we are all the LORD's beautiful creation. Jesus Loves Us All.
Posted by: Joshua David on March 24, 2005 11:26 PM
i am male 20 years i wnat to mirrage with sexy girl woman
Posted by: Farooq khan on July 8, 2005 10:03 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment