Friday, August 30, 2002

Becoming to You

How did
I become
So ordinary
So soon?

I wrote that early in February of this year. Today, I went through off-line journal entries and was struck by my thoughts and transformations along the way.

People are fickle. One moment, I could be the mysterious Queen of the Desert, the next, I become, oh, the girl next door. It can be cause for great disturbance and grave depression. Or, a source of amusement.

Naomi told me a couple nights ago that people have to see each other through God's eyes. If not, we will always fall prey to someone's perception of "boring." You know, she's right. She always is.
I am thankful for the fickle nature of people, lest I wouldn't have learned such great lessons and embraced such great loves.

Philosophies

Based on what I learned in the last year, I have managed to establish some philsophies. Here's a working list, which I will keep updating from time to time:

  • Everyone's story matters. Mine does, too.
  • No one is boring.
  • No form of communication should be undermined - This includes media such as e-mail, instant messaging, phone, person-to-person. Also includes methods, like speaking, writing, dancing, non-verbal cues, omissions, implications.
  • I should seek to be a student of everyone I meet. I should seek to be a teacher of everyone I meet.
  • I will require that others be only themselves.
  • Everyone has an infinite inner space, and searching this vast space will never leave me discontent in this life.
  • Never call any place "unexciting."
  • Never call anyone "unexciting."
  • We all have something to offer now. We don't have to wait around till we become a little more accomplished, since that day may never quite come. Sing, write, play - do it now.
  • A person is beautiful for who she is as she becomes, not for who she will become.
  • There is something inside of me that refuses to just throw myself at a man. Not anymore. I don't deserve that.


Posted by ruth at August 30, 2002 05:40 PM



Comments
wonderful insight and lessons.
Posted by: kane on September 4, 2002 06:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment