Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Not Recommended

On my New York trip, I surprised my boyfriend with a dinner at a French Restaurant on 8th and 20th called Gascogne.

And a surprise it was. Bad customer service came at such a high premium. It's been awhile since the event occured, but I didn't want to let them to never know how bad they were. So I e-mailed them this note ...

Hi,

Unfortunately, the service I received from your waiter the night of Aug. 3
was substandard. He was impatient and terse. At one point, he was hitting
his pad with his pencil waiting for my boyfriend to make a decision. Zero
warmth, no personal touch, machine-like, unattentive. I tipped shy of 10
percent but sometimes think that was much too generous (I often tip between
20 to 30 percent for good service). That was my first night ever in New
York, so naturally all the stereotypes got confirmed (luckily, subsequent
city experiences overturned that). Prior to getting there, I went out of
my way to find a nice restaurant, searching various Web sites for ideas.
After all, it was my boyfriend's birthday.

I have no real motivation for sending this e-mail other than to let you
know about my experience and how your poor service made two customers feel.
Hopefully this e-mail will provide some insight on how customer service can
be improved for future customers.

Posted by ruth at August 28, 2002 06:20 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment