Saturday, August 17, 2002

Doing What Comes Naturally

Young blonde girls bumped into me in the restroom and asked if I had a CD. "If so," one of them said, "I'd like to buy it."

After I sang while accopanying myself on the song "Wandering" this past week, other students randomly stopped me in the streets or on the way to the next class to say how much they liked my performance and why. I was floored. One instructor spoke to me separately after class to tell me that I "have it."

I feel as if I'll be keeping in touch with the college staff via e-mail and taking on-line courses. What a week of awakening.

These past four days, more than any period in my life, have shown me that music and words come naturally to me and that my musical skill belongs out there more - in a much bigger than what I'm doing now. Music (and soon lyric writing) seems to fit with my soul. I'm rough around the edges, but the natural skill is there. I came all the way to Boston to find out that I have the right to play.

Posted by ruth at August 17, 2002 07:54 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment